Layout display tool
GTviewer has been upgraded, please see GOTviewer.
As the cost of design and mask sets have dramatically increased with the most advanced processes, it is critical for design teams and mask data preparation teams to include robust and repeatable layout manipulation tools in their flow in order to increase their productivity and remove risk of error.
During DFM and Mask Data Preparation process engineers want to measure special structures when design engineers want to check the final layout of the chip. Both need to display large GDSII, OASIS, and MEBES layout databases with an easy layout editor which does not require large memory and disk space for full-chip display.
GTviewer is a fast and easy-to-use layout editor for GDSII, OASIS, and MEBES layout databases offering 2 views to address the different needs of design and process engineers:
- Top view allows designers to review their designs
- Vertical view allows process engineers to verify the database
- Server / client mode for interactive layout review sessions
- Low memory mode for largest databases
- Navigation, measure, browsing features
- Snapshot feature for documentation purpose
GTviewer allows review of the largest layout databases with no limitation in size from all platforms of a distributed company. Engineers in different sites can simultaneously share the different views over the network.
GTviewer is fully integrated in XYALIS layout manipulation suite and in XYALIS Mask Data Preparation solution. It handles standard layout and job deck formats: GDSII, OASIS, MEBES and works directly on compressed of gzipped files.
- Fast display of layout databases with no limitation in size
- Layout data sharing over the network for efficient review process
- Design and process engineers share same layout data with job specific views for faster analysis
- Address documentation needs
- Low-memory mode allows to read unlimited data-bases with minimum memory requirements
- Possibility to filter unused data during GDSII/OASIS/Mebes input in order to furthermore reduce memory usage
- Reads directly compressed or gzipped GDSII/OASIS/Mebes files with minimum memory, disk usage and no temporary file creation or speed impact
- Display a vertical cut view of any part of the chip for device analysis
- Client / server mode to share review and annotations of the same file
- Hierarchical browser and navigation with selective hierarchical display to only view selected branches of the hierarchy tree
- “Where are you” function gives all the data regarding layers and hierarchy
- “GoTo” function
- Easy -to-use ruler, color and pattern selection, layer and data-type selection
- Integrated snapshot function to generate most popular formats (JPEG, TIFF, PostScript…)
- Instantaneous redraw of saved views.
- Smart handling of corrupted GDSII/OASIS/Mebes databases (multiple top cells, missing cells, …)
- On-line help